Infant-Driven Feeding™ Advancing Oral Feeding Practice in the NICU
The Infant-Driven Feeding™ (IDF™) Program is an online course for a systematic neurodevelopmental model of care created to advance oral feeding practice in the NICU. Purchase of a single user license allows access to this online course for 45 days.
Terms of Purchase
Your privacy is the utmost concern to us. Information provided during registration and throughout the program will be shared with our third-party content provider but will not be used for any other purpose.
• License Period
The online course may be accessed at any time during the 45-day License Period. Your license and ability to access the online course will expire thereafter.
• Cancellation & Refunds
Cancellation and Refund requests must be made in writing prior to the end of the License Period and are granted at the discretion of Dr. Brown’s Medical. Please email for such requests.
• Refunds will not be granted for failure to access the online course within the License Period.
• The Infant-Driven Feeding™ program and the Infant-Driven Feeding Scales™ are copyrighted material through Handi-Craft Company.
©2020 Handi-Craft Company. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of the IDF™ and/or IDFS™ materials is prohibited. Dr. Brown’s®, the Dr. Brown’s Medical logo and all other trademarks are owned or used under license by Handi-Craft Company. For more information, contact Dr. Brown’s Medical.
967 in stock
The Infant-Driven Feeding™ (IDF™) Program is a systematic neurodevelopmental model of care created to advance oral feeding practice in the NICU. In this model, the culture and practice of feeding is deeply rooted in neurodevelopment, begins at admission, and sets the stage for long-term feeding success. The course is interactive, relevant, practical and literature based. The content educates the learner on the theoretical and practical application of the IDF™ model. The learner engages in 7 chapters that provide a framework for improving oral feeding practice in the NICU. It introduces a user-friendly structure to a practice that needs consistency and objectivity.
Learning Objectives Course Outline CE Credit Author
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Create nurturing feeding experiences for infants and parents.
- Establish the relationship between bedside care and developmental and nutritional outcomes.
- Identify the anatomy and physiology of infant feeding and swallowing.
- Implement the vision, functionality and bedside practices of infant-driven feeding.
- Strategize appropriate interventions for long term feeding success.
Introduction and Course
- Chapter 1: Support Development
- Chapter 2: Unify Team
- Chapter 3: Change Culture
- Chapter 4: Create Experiences
- Chapter 5: Establish Systems
- Chapter 6: Strategize Interventions
- Chapter 7: Sustain Progress
Each chapter includes interactive exercises and knowledge checks as well as a family story to illustrate how clinical content applies to family education and feeding success. Video included in some chapters. Audio connection necessary.
Benefits of a Single-User License purchase
Licenses purchased for an individual and/or for a smaller group of professionals within a NICU.
- IDF™ Individual Completion Certificate
- Individual Use Only Scales – cannot be distributed or shared within a team
- IDF™ updated bibliography
Benefits of a Unit Wide Program Purchase
Licensed purchase for a unit wide training for all staff in the NICU
- IDF™ Individual Completion Certificate
- Designated IDF™ Advisor with support from Pre-purchase through Go-Live
- Program implementation checklist offers easy to understand tasks lists for a executing a successful program
- Administrative access to unit-specific reports
- IDF Scales™ Reference Cards
- QI Project Guide
- Permissions letter to upload IDF™ Scale into EMR
- IDF™ Education Template for instruction handout
- Press Release for hospital to post on website/newsletters, etc.
- Certificate validating an “IDF™ Certified NICU” upon completion of program
- Access to IDF™ private Facebook page including IDF™ support with the program
- Free Monthly team phone call with your IDF™ Advisor during implementation process and following the launch of the program
- “Go-Live” presence with your IDF™ Advisor either in person or virtually
Accrediting Body: California Board of Registered Nursing
Accredited Provider: Infant Driven Feeding™
Credit Units: 4.70 Contact Hour(s)
The Infant-Driven Feeding™ Program was originally created by Sue Ludwig and Kara Ann Waitzman, neonatal Occupational Therapists who have practiced as neonatal specialists for over 25 years. As bedside neonatal caregivers, they, like you, recognized problems with oral feeding and practice in the NICU. The Infant-Driven Feeding™ Program is a comprehensive program that ensures, through the education of neonatal caregivers, all infants receive oral feeding experiences that include pleasurable human interactions; facilitate bonding; support life-long development; and contribute to overall growth and nutrition.
In October 2018, Dr. Brown’s Medical acquired the program and will continue the original mission.
®2020 Handi‐Craft Company. All Rights Reserved. Unauthorized reproduction of the IDF™ and/or IDFS™ materials is prohibited. Dr. Brown’s®, the Dr. Brown’s Medical logo and all other trademarks are owned or used under license by Handi‐Craft Company. For more information: email@example.com