From day one, we can’t wait to see our baby’s first real smile. Moms and dads can help smiles stay sweet for life by brushing baby’s teeth (or lack thereof) starting as early as, well, day one.
Quick Tips to Brushing
- You can start as early as day one with Dr. Brown’s Tooth and Gum Wipes
- Baby doesn’t have to have fully erupted teeth to start brushing
- You only need rice-grain size of toothpaste
- You can start using fluoride-free natural baby toothpaste as soon as 6 months
- The sooner you start them on an oral care regimen, the easier it will be to teach them independent brushing as they grow.
- Flossing may start around 12 – 18 months, or when tooth crowding happens as a result of their teeth coming in.
Read more tips for brushing your little one’s teeth, broken down by age group, from newborn to 18+ months: Oral Care for Babies and Toddlers
Check out the 4 stages to brushing your baby’s teeth, from newborn to 18+ months: Baby Steps to Oral Health Infographic